INFORMA aims to enhance and share the latest science-based knowledge on multi-purpose Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) under climate change. More particularly, it will address the trade-offs and synergies between different management objectives (e.g. timber production, nature conservation, recreational use) considering the environmental integrity, social acceptability and economic feasibility of future European forest management practices. This will be done while aiming to maintain carbon sinks in the short, medium and long term, support genetic diversity, biodiversity conservation, and preserve soil and water resources in different European regions.
1. Stakeholder interactions
2. Forest management/atmosphere interactions
3. Mitigation and adaption strategies
4. Portfolios of best regional multipurpose SFM practices
5. Improvements to carbon certification mechanisms
6. Project results through integration fora